Colsen b.v is foccusing strongly on development trajects with an added value for the exploitant of the digestion plant. The outcome of these developments are mainly screened on there sustainability and economical viable implementation.
Trough this apporach Colsen b.v. has adjusted its wastewater treatment techniques for phosphorus- and nitrogen removal with the result to use these technology for the treatment of digestate after (manure)digestion. These patented techniques makes it possible to convert the digestate to irrigation water or for discharging to the surrounding surface waters. Additional treatment could result in an increase of water reuse by supplying the water to nearby green houses, industries or usage within the factory itself.
The technology used for the digestate treatment consists of;
- Separation technique to separate the solid fraction from the liquid fraction in the digestate retrieved directly from the digester.
- Treatment o the liquid fraction in an UASB-reactor
- Phosphorus removal by the ANPHOS® principle
- Nitrogen removal by the NAS® principle
- Nitrogen removal by the MBR-NAS® principle
More information regarding these technology can be found in our leaflets